Welcome! Thank you for your interest in Mitchell College Athletics, and we are here to help you with the recruiting process. The recruiting process is an exciting time for student-athletes and we are thrilled you are interested in Mitchell College. As you go through this process your major goal is to find a school that is a good fit academically and athletically!
Why Mitchell College?
• Professional coaches who develop your talents both on the field of play and in the classroom to ensure you are successful.
• Our student-athletes have a cumulative GPA of 3.0. Our coaches meet weekly with freshmen to ensure they are transitioning academically, socially and athletically. We monitor class attendance and have a mandatory study hall program for freshmen to ensure academic success.
• Mitchell Athletic teams are competitive and have a rich tradition of winning. In recent years we have won 16 NECC Championships and sent nine teams to NCAA Championships and three to ECAC Championships.
• Close and supportive athletic community – some of your best friends and biggest fans are other athletes!
• Tremendous leadership opportunities for student-athletes at the college, conference and NCAA levels.
• A 4,000 square foot fitness center and supportive athletic training staff to help athletes with conditioning, rehab and nutrition.
Here are the next steps you should take if you are interested in playing on a varsity team at Mitchell College:
1. Click on the team(s) you are interested in and fill out the recruit questionnaire (see below).
2. Send the coach a DVD of you playing, player resume, schedule, recommendation from high school or premier coach.
3. Attend our Athletic Open House or College Open House.
4. Arrange with the head coach to come and visit the college, sit in on a class and watch a game or practice.
5. Apply to Mitchell College.
We look forward to meeting you and we wish you the best of luck in your college search!
Dana Fulmer Garfield
Director of Athletics
Prospective Student-Athlete Resource Center
Click here for information on cost and financial aid
Below is a resource for all prospective student-athletes who are interested in Mitchell College Athletics. Included are:
- Contact and bio information for each head coach.
- Recruiting Questionnaires that you can fill out that will submit your information directly to the head coach.
- Recruiting Brochures that include more information on each program.